The Shabby Pig

The Shabby Pig

Tuesday, July 29, 2014


Since February 2014 most of my Wednesdays have been spent in a cute little shop called The Shabby Pig.  I've jokingly referred to my days there as my "Shabby Wednesdays" but I must say...I love my Shabby Wednesdays.  This all started as a way to sell my landscape photography but it quickly became my weekly day to be creative.


The Shabby Pig specializes in rescuing and repurposing old furniture.  This concept is new to me but I was very curious as to what I could do while keeping the shop open on Wednesdays.  I have learned that the old saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure" is the foundation upon which repurposing  furniture is based on.  Things that most would haul to the junk yard have been reborn into the cutest and neatest treasures.

My goal for this blog is to share the creative side of three ladies who are aging as gracefully as we know how while we continue to hold down our "day jobs", lovingly directing our families towards living life with meaning and purpose and always striving to give God the glory.  I might also manage to share events that seem to consume my life and my time... be it my job as a member of a nuclear refuel team or the pack of dogs that like to pile up on my bed and snuggle between me and my one true love.

I look forward to sharing with you and I hope that you visit this site often to see what we've been up to.  I will end with a saying that my friend Teri says quite often, "It's not about the destination but about the JOURNEY! "

No comments:

Post a Comment